Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So I've been a really bad blogger lately and I really have no excuse either. So I apologize.
Well let's see, what I have been up to? Well Friday night, Lydia and I spent the night at the Enoch's house which is always amazing. Watched Disturbia and stayed up till 3 just hanging out and chatting and getting goofy complete with a small pillow fight. haha.
Saturday I was woken up by 10:30 and then me, Chris, and Elizabeth went and jumped on the trampoline. I swear, those thing are such a blast. I feel like such a little kid. haha. Their dogs joined us up there too even though they hate the bouncing, so they just laid up there and sneezed all over me. Gross! So yeah. Came home Saturday afternoon and had to the clean the house all up for the open house on Sunday. Chris and Elizabeth were such a huge help with that too! Then our family left for dinner at a women from our church's house. She's super sweet and a really great cook! Meatloaf, potatoes, green beans, homegrown tomatoes with sugar. Okay how many of you have had tomatoes with sugar sprinkled with sugar on top? It is the single way I will eat tomatoes and Chris swears he has never met anyone else who eats them that way. Are we just weird? Hmm. And we had delicious apple crisp with vanilla ice cream too! Yummy! :)
Sunday was church and my mom had a seminar in the morning so we had to pick her up from that afterwards and then we were all starving and we couldn't go home all day since the open house was going on. So we drove around for quite some time trying to decide what we felt like eating and then we spotted Red Robin which we all decided was definitely a good choice. Best burgers EVER! As my mom said, "I don't know how other burger places make it." It was quite humorous. hehe. So I got my bacon cheeseburger, hold the mayo, and steak fries! Finished it all, which if you know me is pretty rare. After eating we drove around for a while through this really expensive neighborhood with gorgeous mansions. I'm talking gigantic! They were seriously amazing. We found an open house going on in a little smaller house but still definitely out of our price range. That was quite lovely too. Massive master bedroom with it's private retreat room. So there you go.
We still had about 2 hours before we had to head over for the exchange service. So we stopped at the Denver Museum to basically use their restroom. But we checked out the T-Rex skeleton in the lobby and walked around their grounds a little bit. Quite lovely, except for the fact it was rather chilly and Lydia and I both had bare legs to our knees and my shoes were pinching, but I'm not complaining. lol. So then we headed over to Park Hill OPC for church. I always enjoy that service since they get to sing regular hymns. Don't get me wrong I love our Psalms very much and the old Genevan tunes we sing, but the hymns were what I knew until last year basically, so I still love them and just love singing them. At the church there's this sweet little girl who always talks to me and this time she gave Lydia and me two necklaces. Such a cutie! We finally got to head home to eat some popcorn and strawberries and watch an episode of Supernatural, our usual Sunday evening activities.
Monday, another chiropractor started working in the office on the other currently unused side we have. It's been different with him here. Definitely something to get used to. It's alot busier, since he's been in practice for about 20 years. Lydia has to do his front desk stuff as well as my mom's and I learned his therapy technique which I apply to all his patients. But he's a reasonably nice guy, just has some habits which we may or mat not get used to. His patients are pretty nice too, one told me I have " a gentle touch." haha. I was never aware of that before.
Today, I'm guest blogger for my sister Talia so I'll have to get on that. But all the pictures I plan on using are all at home on the computer, so it shall have to wait till this evening when we get home, unfortunately. So you'll have to check back at her site later for that!
And that's basically what I've been up to. Friday as you all know is Halloween or if you're Reformed, Reformation Day. So we're going up to Greeley for their Reformation party, which should be super fun since we have some really good friends up there!
That's about it. And I do believe it's just about lunchtime for me. So have a good one you guys.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Ashlei Paige said...

Aww what a cute blog. your weekend sounds fun!

Talia said...

oooooh, Red Robin!! Seriously, THE best. Their fries!!! Ok, now I want a cheeseburger and fries, even though it's only 10 in the morning. :)

What a lovely weekend you had, it sounds so fun. And I hope you have a fantabulous time tonight!! It sounds delightful! You'd better post pictures. :)