Monday, October 6, 2008

lovely autumn weekend

Autumn is definitely my favorite season. And that was reaffirmed this weekend on our camping trip. Friday afternoon, the family and Christopher headed up in the Suburban, camper behind, to Estes Park. It was amazingly beautiful up there with the cool weather, golden aspens, cloudy skies. We hiked around this lovely lake, Lily Lake, I believe it was called, hiked through the trees, ate at my favorite Italian restaurant, checked out the Elk Fest, and just hung around. It was wonderful and so relaxing as well.


Lydia decided to take a cowgirl photo shoot of me. One of the results.
We came back Saturday evening. Sunday evening Lydia and I went up to our friend, Hannah's house for her bonfire party! It was chilly and rained almost the whole time, but it was still such a delightful time. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and drank hot apple cider. I managed to burn myself a few times. haha. We all talked and laughed and reminisced over our childhood years.
Hands down, one of my favorite weekends. More pictures to come!
Did you all have a nice weekend?

3 comments:

*CPA* Su said...

The color of those trees in that pic is magnificent!! It all sounds like so much fun! I so wish it would rain here...please, please, please! We got a teensy bit on Saturday, which was wonderful, but I WANT MORE! =) Glad you had fun and even more glad you shared it with us so we can pretend we were there too!

Talia said...

so glad you had such a fun time!! I wish I could have been there too. OH, and I LOVE the cowgirl shots Lydia took of you... you make a great cowgirl, sister. :)

Ashlei Paige said...

sexy cowgirl...


bow chika wow wow