Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Days of the Week

There are definitely days of the week I look forward to more than others. For instance, Sunday is one of my favorite days of the week because I love going to church and fellowshiping and worshipping there, but also just because it's such a relaxing day. I usually get a little nap in and then we just chill at home in the evening watching Supernatural.
But Tuesday and Thursday have to be my favorite days of the week! Those are the days when the mornings and early afternoons seem to drag on forever because I know that around 4:20, I'll get to see Christopher walk in the door and reach out for a hug. He goes to school up in the Denver area those days and afterwards he comes up to the clinic to just hang out or do homework and then come home with us after work for dinner and movie and some good ol' alone time with me. :) Just seeing him walk in that door, puts a smile on my face and I get all giddy. Even when he's just at the computer doing homework, he'll still hold my hand while I sit nearby doing some studying of my own. Even just being in the same room makes me immensely happy.


So today, the in between day, is probably the day I least like. Having to say goodbye to him the night before and then having to wait till the next day to see him again. But I manage.

The weekends are always nice too. Getting to sleep in, sometimes hanging out with friends or shopping or just chilling at home. This weekend will be especially wonderful! Friday we're leaving work early and taking the camper up to Spruce Lake RV park in Estes Park to spend the night and Saturday up there seeing the fall colors and doing some hiking and just some good mountain time! Definitely up there in my top 5 of favorite things to do. Waking up in the camper bunk-bed feeling the crisp, cool mountain air. Heading over to the campground bathrooms, which aren't actually too bad, to shower and then sitting by the little lake next to our camper waiting to head out for some site seeing of those gorgeous yellow aspens and snow-capped mountain peaks. Walking around Estes window shopping in all the little touristy shops and hopefully stopping for dinner at Mama Rose's with their delicious fettucine alfredo and mini cheesecakes and cute waiters. One of my all-time favorite spots up there.
And then Sunday, one my bestest best friends who I've known for over 13 years is having a wienie roast for her birthday! Complete with hay bales and fire pits and hot dogs and marshmallows roasted over the fire. Some amazing friend time, being silly and girly and serious too.
So yes, amazing weekend coming up! Now to get through this Wednesday....

3 comments:

*CPA* Su said...

How cute...young love!! Are there wedding bells in your NEAR future?!?! Sorry-I'm a hopeless romantic!! HEHE!

Talia said...

That picture of you two is amazing. I love it. You really are a cute couple. :)
I remember so well how much I always looked forward to Jeremy coming over. Nothing was better than the nights he could come and spend with me. And I STILL look forward to him coming through the door, of course!!
I hope you guys have SO much fun this weekend. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Ashlei Paige said...

youre so cute, what a nice blog!!! =D