Thursday, August 14, 2008

Camp Eden

So, last Friday through Monday, my family and I went up to church camp in the mountains. It was a small camp, only about 35 people at most I think. Several Canadians came, which was fun. There were a few keynote speakers with wonderful messages concerning Christians in a Christ-less Christianity Culture. So those were very interesting and educational. We had good food(I even ate french toast, which I have been known to hate, and liked it! berries and whipped cream definitely help), great fellowship, good hiking, thunderstorms, which I am always a fan of, and the scenery and location were awesome! Being with our church friends everyday was kind of a fun experience, hanging out with all the guys was rather fun. We have basically no girls in our church besides me and Lydia, which sometimes gets weird. Haha. I played floor hockey for the first time, and man, that is quite the intense workout! And tip here, don't wear flipflops to play that. Lol. And they had this zipline that went across the lake and down this hill. Super fun!! Oh my goodness! But yes, all in all it was a great camp! I'm hoping we do it every year and get more people to come!
And now for some pictures! I have not yet figured out how to order them....so they're actually backwards in sequence, haha. But whatever, it still works I suppose.




Lydia on the zipline!

My turn! They did this thing where on the opposite side they grab the line and bounce it up and down so you get quite a bit of air! Way fun! :)

See? Across the lake! And yes, that is me!



Me and Lydia at the end of the hike up the mountain side. It was rather steep, but amazing views uptop!


The lake at camp


The lake and rocks.


Gerad with his ladies. His wife and me and Lydia. haha, long story.

View from uptop!


Gerrit and I on the hike!


More views from uptop!

Lydia and Johan




And there you have it! I thought for sure I had posted more pictures....hmm. So it goes.


3 comments:

Talia said...

it looks so beautiful! I so want to go on that zip line and those hikes. Maybe next year we could join you all... how fun would that be!!
I like the picture of Lydia and johan... how he's all stooping down to put his arm around her. Funny. :)
I love all the pictures, dear! You're awfully cute.

Unknown said...

Oh fun!! I've always wanted to do a zipline. I'm glad you had a good time at camp!

Ashlei Paige said...

awww all of your pics are so lovely! looks like you had an awesome time =]