Monday, January 26, 2009

Saturday in Breckenridge

Saturday morning, we(my dad and mom, Josiah, Chris and me) drove up to Breckenridge for the day to check out the annual snow sculpture festival! We had been last year and thought it was pretty cool so we decided to go again. It was so very nice up there. It was snowing, but just a light snow and not too overly cold. Lots and lots of people so the drives took much longer than usual, but it was fun! I loved having Christopher along, of course. :) Now for some pictures!



Chris and I in the car.

Fairy snow sculpture.
There were 16 teams from all over the world, China, Switzerland, Bulgaria, and more. They have 65 hours to carve a 22 ton block of manmade snow. Very impressive.

I like the owl.


Roller coaster


Globe.
This impressed us because it must have taken ages
to carve all the snow from the middle.

Cute little dog all bundled up. haha


CBS 4 news sponsor sculpture.


again. with the others.





Parents at the restaurant.


Art gallery fun.





Sun peeking out.


Breckenridge.


I loved the hot pink restaurant. hehe
I love wonderful little day trips to the mountains in the winter.

1 comment:

*CPA* Su said...

Those sculptures are AMAZING!! What a fun day it looks like you had. I wish we had somewhere nearby like that to go to! And check out all that snow...lovely!