Friday, May 22, 2009

let's catch up.

It's been over a month now since I've blogged! Wow, how bad am I? And where has the time gone? Seriously. But let's catch you up on what's been going on since I last blogged. I know you're sitting there thinking, "oh my goodness she loves to ramble, we have to read a whole month's worth of ramblings??" haha. Don't worry, it won't be TOO overwhelming. :P
So anyways. Let's go back to April. We had a few snowfalls in April..yep, that's Colorado for you. And Lydia decided to do a small photo shoot of me in the snow. But the day we were going to do that it rained and washed away most of the snow...darn. But we still went out and took a few pictures while it was drizzling and pretty chilly. So I selected a couple of my favorites for you....


Could I look any shorter next to that lamppost?? hehe

My favorite one.

One weekend in April, my brother Tyra and his family came to visit us for a few days! That was quite fun! My nephew, Brayden was crawling and walking along tables and chairs and had gotten ever so adorable! I love that little guy. It's pretty fun having a little boy in the family. :) We of course played lots of pinochle and just had fun together. They left Wednesday and that Friday we drove to California to see my dear sister, Talia and her family! We were only there for the weekend, way too short of time. But oh was it ever lovely! Each moment was wonderful. And I got to meet my darling niece, Rosalie for the first time!! She is just the sweetest, cutest little thing ever. :) I loved her to pieces. And getting some much needed sister and Auntie time was delightful! I got sick that Sunday afternoon when everyone was over for lunch, which was totally lame and disappointing. But sweet Jason came and spent some time with me in bed, which made it better. And Ashlei brought me flowers! :)
We didn't take nearly as many pictures as we should have. And Talia needs to send me the ones of me with Rosalie(hint hint, sister!), but here are a few...

Photobucket
We had a lovely time chatting outside Starbucks.

Emma and I took pictures in the car. She's pretty cute!

We went to Vons and took a few there too!
And I realized I don't have one with Annabelle and me...how awful is that?? I do love both of them though! I hated having to say goodbye that Monday morning to them all...:( Let's hope our next time together isn't too far down the road!

More recently, like this Tuesday, was dear Lydia's 19th birthday! And as she pointed out to me, I'm a terrible sister and didn't blog about it. So shame on me... but for her birthday, Rebecca and I surprised her by taking her to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast!

The beautiful birthday girl!
They give you cake, even in the morning. It was delicious too. Yum!

sisters. <3 style="text-align: left;">And tomorrow is her birthday party, which I'm sure will be tons of fun! I can't wait to give her the presents we got. :)

And in other exciting news...in a couple weeks I'm going to...drum roll please....
SCOTLAND!!
That's right, my first trip off the continent and across the ocean. YAY! I'm going with one of my best friends, Liz and Christopher! Chris has a friend out there so we'll be staying with her and she can show us around. We'll be gone for about two weeks and we plan on seeing some castles, of course, and seeing the bay and who knows what else! I seriously CANNOT WAIT! This next week of work is going to go by so sloooowlyyy. I'll make it somehow. :)
But before I'm able to go I've got some packing to do. We've been trying to move and get our house sold for awhile now and it's finally coming along. The sale on our house closes the 9th of June and we have to be out by the 11th. Wow, not too far away. We're under contract on a house in Northglenn, which is about 25 minutes north of where we live currently. It'll be so nice living up here, being only 5 minutes from work and like 10 from the church. Woot! So we're busy busy busy. So my Memorial Day will be spent packing basically. W've done it several other times, so we're basically experts by now. haha.
And now it's back to work! Have a wonderful weekend, dear bloggers. I hope I didn't get too long and rambly. hehe.
<3<3>

3 comments:

Talia said...

yaya!! You blogged!! I'm so happy! :)

I love the pictures Lydia took of you. You look gorgeous, and the green bars and door are so cool.

HOORAY Scotland!! Still jealous, but still so happy for you, sister! :)

Rebecca said...

i like the pictures! and she had to put the cake back together lol hilarious!

*CPA* Su said...

Scotland?!?!? WOWZERS!! Have a GREAT time and you MUST blog about it when you return...complete with pictures! :)

Those pics of you are superb...you're so perdy!!

And that's a long drive to just stay the weekend, but I know it was well worth it to hang with your wonderful family! Aren't your nieces seriously the cutest?!